About Me

My photo
Creating my ideal figure, one workout and one meal at a time.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Working up a sweat

"Sweat once a day" is a simple, but effective way of communicating the recommended frequency and intensity of exercise we should all be doing.

But "Sweat three times a day" is the sentence that sums up my day yesterday!  I started out with my regular morning cardio which ended up being super energetic.  There were definitely some big sweat marks covering my tank top by the end. 


Moksha Yoga in Ottawa
Next up was some hot yoga at lunch time.  There's a studio close to my work, so it's relatively easy to pop over for a mid-day stretch. If only it didn't take 2 hours (between getting ready, the class itself, then showing off after), I'd do it every day. Now, I should point out that I'm someone who sweats very easily.  I've heard that people who are in good shape sweat more because their bodies are efficient at cooling themselves off.  I'm not sure if that's scientifically true (though it sounds rational enough), but I do know I had drenched my mat by the time I was done that class! lol

Last, but not least, was weight training at the gym.  It was Chest/Tri/Bi day and I scorched the hell out of all of them.  Giant sets of 3-4 exercises (x4 sets) for each body part, dropping the last set of each.  I'm training them this way because I'm not devoting much time to any single one of these body parts, so I want to be as thorough and efficient as possible in the time I do give them.  I finished off with cardio on the stair climber, then some stretching. 

Needless to say I slept like a baby last night!

1 comment: