About Me

My photo
Creating my ideal figure, one workout and one meal at a time.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

On the 9th day, she rested.... and it was good.

Halfway through my 2nd weekly leg workout yesterday, I hit a wall.  My muscles, which were still sore from my heavy leg workout a couple days prior, couldn’t lift as much as usual, and were fatiguing quickly.  My cardio was half-hearted as a result of my tired little legs, and I just couldn’t seem to clear my mind and focus.  
The reason for this slowdown was immediately and clearly realized: I’d been going non-stop for 8 days straight.  I don’t do cardio every single day, nor do I weight train every day.  But this past week it just so happened that I did at least one of these activities every day.  
Some people can get away with this; exercising in some capacity every day doesn’t seem to affect them as long as they vary the type of activities.  Unfortunately, I’m not one of those people lol.  At least once per week it’s important for me to take a whole day off of everything.  Though I do have to be careful, because if I take more than one day off, I start to get lazy and lose interest in working out.  Some people (**cough cough… JOHN**) crave the gym; they’re addicted to the endorphins, love the work, and can’t get enough of the pump.  They get antsy if they can’t work out.  Unfortunately, I’m not one of those people either haha.  Don’t get me wrong, I love to move my body, and I can definitely feel it when I haven’t exercises in a couple of days: my back gets anxious (like a pent-up energy), my muscles get twitchy, I feel stiff, and tire easily.  I am a gym rat in every sense of the word.  But the difference is that if it was possible to look great without ever working out another day in my life…. I’d take the opportunity in a heartbeat.  True addicts would keep going just for the love of it.
Long story short: I declare this day a rest day!  And tomorrow: back to working my progressively smaller butt off!

No comments:

Post a Comment