About Me

My photo
Creating my ideal figure, one workout and one meal at a time.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Celebrating small victories

I'm feeling pretty darn happy with myself today :)

My first victory happened last night.  After my little incident with the cupcakes last weekend, I had told myself that if I was going to have a cheat meal, it would NOT involve sugar.  Sugar is like my kryptonite (spelling?) and it's best just to stay away from it.  So last night I was rummaging through the cabinets, considering taking a cheat meal, and I found myself face to face with some Oreo cookies.  Now, I don't usually go for processed cookies.  I like soft, gooey, chewy ones, fresh from the oven if possible.  However, Oreos are one of the exceptions; there's just nothing quite like them.  So there I was, holding two of them in my hands thinking "these are going to be delicious" when I remembered my promise to myself and..... I put them down!  Yup, I put those things back in their box, closed it up, and left those suckers behind.  I was sooooo proud of myself!

My second small victory came this morning.  This past week when I've done my morning cardio I've burned about 400 calories for 45 minutes of work.  Today though I burned 500!!  Now, I'm not saying that that's an accurate read on total calories burned, but relatively speaking, I definitely did better today than I have all week.  Maybe it's because I slept for 10 hours last night.  Maybe it's because I had a bit of extra caffeine before the workout.  Maybe it's because I was listening to some great music.  I don't know.

But I'll take those small victories wherever I can get them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment