About Me

My photo
Creating my ideal figure, one workout and one meal at a time.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pancake Tuesday

Sometimes being a Catholic has its advantages!  Every year before lent, we have one last day of gluttony - one last hoorah, before the 40 days of sacrifice begin.  Pancake Tuesday (or, Mardi Gras as the french would say, meaning Fat Tuesday) is that day, and it is today!  Growing up my mom always made crepes for dinner on Pancake Tuesday, usually with some chicken and mushroom soup for sauce (you'd be surprised at all the things she could use mushroom soup on! lol)  So this year I decided to try something similar. For an appetizer, I made crepes stuffed with smoked salmon, capers, red onion, and dill cream cheese.  Yumm!!!!  Then for the main course I stuffed the crepes with chicken, mushrooms, onion, bacon (I know, I know), peas, asparagus, and broccoli, and topped it all off with mushroom Alfredo sauce.  Double yumm!!!  Though I have to name the salmon crepe tonight's winner.  Sorry, no pics :(  Mom also used to make dessert crepes stuffed with fruit, drizzled with either chocolate or maple syrop.  But by the time I was done with all those savoury crepes today, I didn't have any more room for dessert!

It's traditional during lent to give something up for 40 days, though some people like to start something instead.  Some examples of giving something up include: restricting tv watching, no alcohol, no cursing; examples of starting something include: starting to run, paying someone a compliment every day, and getting 8hrs of sleep every night.

I decided to do both this year.  For lent, I will give up all refined sugars, and will start to name one thing I like about myself every day.

Today, my positive thing is my nails.  Lol, it may sound silly, but I really like the shape of my nails!  They suit the shape of my fingers perfectly.  My mom used to make me cut them to play the piano, and I always hated doing it.  So now they are long, strong, and feminine and are currently painted aquamarine.

No comments:

Post a Comment