About Me

My photo
Creating my ideal figure, one workout and one meal at a time.

Friday, March 18, 2011

I gotta feelin' that today's gonna be a good day...

What a great day so far!  I woke up a bit earlier than I have been lately so I could go downstairs and get my third workout of the week in before I leave for Montreal for the weekend.  Sometimes when I travel I bring my gym stuff and will either go for a run, or find a gym nearby to work out at.  But I knew this weekend I would be in no mood to exercise, so I figured I'd better get it all in now!

It is so handy having a little gym in one's apartment complex!  Especially one that opens at 5am.  And they recently added a bunch of free weights, so now I can always get in a half decent workout when I'm in a pinch (like today). 

I kicked off my workout with 30 minutes of cardio, keeping my HR between 140-170 bpm.  I then dove straight into the weights for a full-body workout.  I'd done my upper body one day this week, and legs on the other day, so a full-body seemed like a good way to keep the balance.  Alot of people only do 1 leg workout in a week because there aren't as many muscles to train.  Or because their legs don't need alot of work.  But I try to aim for 2 each week because my legs are my trouble spots :S  It may take me a while, but I am bound and determined to someday get my legs to look like this:
Emily Stirling.... drool.  Some of the best legs in the biz, if you ask me.

Now where was I?  Oh yes, full-body workout.  I didn't really have a plan going into this workout.  My chest, quads, hams, and core were still a bit sore from earlier in the week, so I knew I'd be focussing on other body parts more.  I also know that I'll be wearing a shoulder/back/arm-bearing top tonight at the club, so wanted to target those spots as well.  I did 4 supersets of back and shoulder exercises (2 exercises each); 4 supersets of plie squats, adductor (what, lifts?), and calf raises; and 3 supersets of tricep pushups, hammer curls, calf presses, and crunches. 

My muscles were nice and warm and tight after this!  I definitely worked up an appetite for breakfast.  And it just so happened that last night I had prepared an amazing breakfast for John and me.  I knew I'd be starving when I got in, so it was something that just needed to be re-heated.  John was kind enough to scramble up some egg whites to go with this otherwise vegetarian dish: http://ohsheglows.com/2011/02/22/sweet-potato-oatmeal-breakfast-casserole/

Oh.My.Gosh.  Like having dessert for breakfast.  This is definitely a must-try.

What a way to kick off an amazing weekend!  I can't wait to see what the rest of the day has in store :)

1 comment:

  1. This abdominal exercise is easy just lie on the back with the legs in the air and put your hands underneath the head. When you do exercises for your core, you strengthen all the muscles in a way that keeps them working together.

    ReplyDelete