About Me

My photo
Creating my ideal figure, one workout and one meal at a time.

Friday, March 18, 2011

I gotta feelin' that today's gonna be a good day...

What a great day so far!  I woke up a bit earlier than I have been lately so I could go downstairs and get my third workout of the week in before I leave for Montreal for the weekend.  Sometimes when I travel I bring my gym stuff and will either go for a run, or find a gym nearby to work out at.  But I knew this weekend I would be in no mood to exercise, so I figured I'd better get it all in now!

It is so handy having a little gym in one's apartment complex!  Especially one that opens at 5am.  And they recently added a bunch of free weights, so now I can always get in a half decent workout when I'm in a pinch (like today). 

I kicked off my workout with 30 minutes of cardio, keeping my HR between 140-170 bpm.  I then dove straight into the weights for a full-body workout.  I'd done my upper body one day this week, and legs on the other day, so a full-body seemed like a good way to keep the balance.  Alot of people only do 1 leg workout in a week because there aren't as many muscles to train.  Or because their legs don't need alot of work.  But I try to aim for 2 each week because my legs are my trouble spots :S  It may take me a while, but I am bound and determined to someday get my legs to look like this:
Emily Stirling.... drool.  Some of the best legs in the biz, if you ask me.

Now where was I?  Oh yes, full-body workout.  I didn't really have a plan going into this workout.  My chest, quads, hams, and core were still a bit sore from earlier in the week, so I knew I'd be focussing on other body parts more.  I also know that I'll be wearing a shoulder/back/arm-bearing top tonight at the club, so wanted to target those spots as well.  I did 4 supersets of back and shoulder exercises (2 exercises each); 4 supersets of plie squats, adductor (what, lifts?), and calf raises; and 3 supersets of tricep pushups, hammer curls, calf presses, and crunches. 

My muscles were nice and warm and tight after this!  I definitely worked up an appetite for breakfast.  And it just so happened that last night I had prepared an amazing breakfast for John and me.  I knew I'd be starving when I got in, so it was something that just needed to be re-heated.  John was kind enough to scramble up some egg whites to go with this otherwise vegetarian dish: http://ohsheglows.com/2011/02/22/sweet-potato-oatmeal-breakfast-casserole/

Oh.My.Gosh.  Like having dessert for breakfast.  This is definitely a must-try.

What a way to kick off an amazing weekend!  I can't wait to see what the rest of the day has in store :)

No comments:

Post a Comment