About Me

My photo
Creating my ideal figure, one workout and one meal at a time.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

All charged up

It's always amazing to me how quickly the body falls out of shape, but then how quickly it gets back into things again too.

I had my first real workout yesterday after a week-long hiatus (I did a couple hot yoga classes, but that was about it).  I took the week off because I had been working out like a crazy person for 7 weeks straight, and my leg was starting to hurt just to walk on it!  If that's not a clear indication to slow down, I'm not sure what is.

As luxurious as taking a week off from the gym sounds, by the end I was definitely ready to get back into things. My back was hurting from all the inactivity, I was bloated (nothing aids digestion quite as effectively as cardio), and my metabolism slowed right down.  And do you ever notice that you want to eat crappier food when you're not working out?  I'm fairly cautious about what I eat both before and right after a workout, so without that there to moderate my eating, things can unravel quickly!

Anyways, I always like to ease back into things after I've taken a break - even if it's just been a week.  So I did 20 minutes on the bike, a full-body workout with moderate weights, 25 minutes on the elliptical, then finished up with some stretching.  It. Felt. Great!  Can't wait to get back into the gym with a new routine and some fresh muscles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment