About Me

My photo
Creating my ideal figure, one workout and one meal at a time.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

First week off the diet

I'm not going to lie and say that I haven't been indulging in some crappy food this week, but I've also had some really delicious meals too.  Here's a recap:


Thursday Dinner
While perusing the prepared food section of the Health Food Store I discovered one of their newest items - a Vegan Brown Rice Sandwich.  Basically, it's a regular tofu sandwich with brown sticky rice for a bun.  I thought it was a bit bland so added a bit of roasted red pepper mustard, but on  the whole, the sandwich had a really cool texture, and was very filling!  Also pictured is a side of curried peas and collard greens.


Friday Breakfast
Also from the Health Food Store were these Spelt wraps, which I used to create a Breakfast Burrito (egg whites, peppers, onion, garlic, black beans, and salsa).  Now, I really enjoyed the taste of the spelt, but I found once I warmed it up it fell apart really easily.  I gave it another go today with a cold wrap, and it held together much better.


Saturday Lunch
Apparently I've been on a collard kick this week, because for lunch yesterday I tried one of Clean Eating Magazine's newest recipes: Spicy Collard Chips.  Wash and cut 1 bunch collard greens into 2" pieces.  Mix them up with 1tbs lemon juice, sea salt, 2tbs olive oil, pinch cayenne pepper, and 1/4c grated parmesan.  Spread in a single layer on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, and bake at 300 F for about 18 minutes, until crispy.  They were AMAZING!  I highly recommend this recipe to anyone who wants the chip taste without the calories.  Definitely a must try.  Also pictured is a small (dinner roll) ham sandwich with hummus, cheese, and veggies.

Yup, meals like these don't make me miss the diet AT ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment