About Me

My photo
Creating my ideal figure, one workout and one meal at a time.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

In my kitchen

John and I have always been thankful that we have very similar eating habits.  Outside of dieting, we both eat fairly clean about 80% of the time, and are perfectly able to enjoy food in its simplest form (S&P can go a long way).  However, we also both have adventurous palates and will try anything once... or twice, just in case ;)  I love to cook and try new recipes, and he's a willing Guinea pig!

Here's a look at what we keep in our kitchen.....

Berries, salsa, rice, and tupperware full of pre-cooked meat.  Though usually the entire top shelf is stacked with tupperware.  I wonder where all the meat is......

..... ah, that explains it.  Fish, chicken, and turkey bacon waiting to be cooked.  Sidenote: Turkey bacon is sooooo good!  I can't understand why anybody would use the regular stuff.  35 calories per piece vs. 115?  No-brainer there.

Water, juice, and EGGS!!  Omg, we'll easily go through all these eggs in just a matter of days.   Even our dog gets in on the action by polishing off our leftover yolks.

Lots of vegetables.  Broccoli, lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, asparagus, peppers, onion, and carrots are the staples.  Guest appearances by beans, brussels sprouts, eggplant, tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini, and fiddle-heads.


A couple fruits, oils, and vinegars.  Usually there are a few sweet potatoes kicking around the counter-tops as well.

Whole wheat bread, nuts (again, we could go through these nuts in a week) and OATS!  You remember I told you I love oatmeal?  John loves it just as much as I do.  We had to start buying our oatmeal, nuts, and eggs at Costco because we were going through so much lol.

We also buy most of our meat at Costco.  Salmon, chicken, ground turkey, and tilapia.  Yes, those are some frozen bananas in the corner, just waiting to be turned into "ice cream" or banana bread.

Lots and lots of tea, coffee, and some baking staples.  Hey, just because I can't eat the baked goods doesn't mean I don't like to make them!

Beans, soups, grains, spices, nut butters, dried fruit, and canned vegetables.

And finally, the "junk" cabinet: popcorn, cereal, crackers, whole wheat tortilla chips, granola and protein bars.  Told you we don't eat much junk!


Well, I'm off to the grocery store.  That fridge is looking pretty bare.  

No comments:

Post a Comment