About Me

My photo
Creating my ideal figure, one workout and one meal at a time.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Starting the week off right

There's just something about Mondays that makes me not want to work out!  Especially if I've had a busy weekend, I wake up Monday morning wanting to sleep in (or call in sick to work), and skip the gym altogether.  That was definitely the case today as I woke up at 5:30 for my morning cardio: 45minutes at moderate intensity, 5 times per week. I'm lucky enough to have a small gym in my building, so it's actually not that difficult for me to just roll out of bed and jump on the recumbent bike.  I generally start out with the recumbent to warm up (and wake up) then move to the treadmill or elliptical to kick up the intensity.  So there I was, on the recumbent and feeling sorry for myself and wishing I was back in bed when one of my Power Songs (you know, those songs that get you motivated no matter what!) came on.  It was "Work" by the Saturdays.  It's about how if you want something, you have to work to get it.  Which meant no more being lazy on the recumbent for Tess!

I'm happy to say that I finished my cardio with a HR of 150bpm, then went on to have an awesome back workout this afternoon.

There's just something about working out on Mondays that makes me feel so accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment