About Me

My photo
Creating my ideal figure, one workout and one meal at a time.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hot Yoga Date

Today one of my closest friends, Leslie, and I had a hot yoga date.  I should definitely add Leslie to my "inspiration" page (mental note).  She's a personal trainer, volleyball coach, is training for a marathon, has done a figure competition, is a hot yogi, and probably has done a bunch of other stuff I don't even know about - she's modest that way lol.  Leslie is always on the go and is a very much a people person.  She thrives on being active, and has found a way to incorporate social activity with physical activity.  We should all take a page from her book!

Anyways, today we went to Bikram class at Rama Lotus (Ottawa, ON).  The instructor wasn't my favourite ever (sounded like an auctioneer and it was hard to relax in his class), but I got a great stretch and sweat.  I always feel so clean coming out of a class (even though I'm sweating like a hog!)  I would love to be able to do yoga at least twice a week.  I think the benefits to your body are amazing, and any athlete can find a style that compliments their training program.  It's just so darn expensive though!  Hopefully when I'm done paying off my trainer fees I'll be able to afford it :)

Well, another excellent weekend has come to a close.  I'm going to sleep like a rock after that yoga today!

No comments:

Post a Comment